Tag Archives: new year
Are you ready for the festivities?
Happy New Year! I’ll be ringing in the new year with the Squirrel Picnic gang and special guest amigurumis from Australia for as long as I can keep my eyes open. I’m super tired after a very difficult work week, so I probably won’t make it to midnight. In fact, I might just pass my phone over to Mayor Snack Frog now to take photos for you. He’ll be posting to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram throughout the evening. You won’t want to miss it. The Aussies from gentlestitches.com are sure to show us a ripper good time!
Then don’t forget to stop by the picnic tomorrow for a special (and truly amateur) film documenting the night. Have a great time and see you in the new year!
Happy New Year!
What a wild night Hodge and Podge and the fatimals had. The video tells all! Hope your celebration was a success too. Happy New Year, everyone!
The Most Fun We Had at the Picnic in 2013
The year can’t end without taking a look at all the fun we had in 2013.
Wow! I can’t believe that our smiles didn’t explode!
You challenged me to make a lot of interesting things in 2013. Two of my favorites were the Batman mask for Justin and the Bowser Sweater for Myrtle. The Bowser Sweater even went viral in June, landing Myrtle his very own Cheezburger meme. I also had the honor of bringing Rainbow Donkey (from Bill Brown’s Evil Squirrel’s Nest) into the 3-dimensional world. The Make It! Challenge series will continue in 2014… and it will be fantastic.
We added two new characters to the Squirrel Picnic cast: Eric, the diabolical scientist who’s seeking to bioengineer the largest acorn on the planet and his cute and cuddly robot sidekick MEAP… who would much rather be at the picnic than in the lab.
And I’ll never forget putting croshades on all the statues on Pearl Street in Boulder. What fun!
I can’t wait to tell you about the crochet wildness I’m already dreaming up for the new year, but we’ve still got a few days left in 2013, so let’s send it out with a bang first. Will you be showing off your crocheted M. and Mme. Champagne tomorrow night? I’ll be taking mine with me and taking lots of pictures too. Don’t forget to share your photos on our Facebook page or on Twitter @SquirrelPicnic.
All my best to you!
2013 Predictions: The Year of Whimsy
- Pantone chose emerald green, but my color of the year is lemon zest, a light yet vibrant and fresh color to accent all the carefree moments and exciting surprises I feel this year has in store.
- In 2013, we will wear photo prints. And I’d like to take this one step further: wouldn’t it be awesome if someone developed a website for people to order fabric or even garments printed with their own photos? If this already exists, please let me know!
- Jewelry design will be lighthearted and nostalgic. We will wear lacy, airy pendants, brooches, and bracelets; barely there fine metal chains; and simple pieces in single colors and geometric shapes.
- First came Ravelry, then came Craftsy. In 2013, someone will create a website where crafters can actually teach each other in real time.
- We will want more handmade goods. You’ve all heard of Etsy, but other sites like Fab, Dawanda, Folksy, and icraft.ca will gain in popularity this year.
- Food trucks will team up to create food trains.
- We will wear socks so bright and playful that it’ll become standard to wear them knee-high with sandals just to show them off.
I’m gonna love 2013!
You must be logged in to post a comment.