Right paw red. Left foot green.
Tag Archives: crafting
Podge: “My doctor told me I should be exercising for sixty minutes a day. How hard do you think it would be to knit on a treadmill?”
2013 Predictions: The Year of Whimsy
- Pantone chose emerald green, but my color of the year is lemon zest, a light yet vibrant and fresh color to accent all the carefree moments and exciting surprises I feel this year has in store.
- In 2013, we will wear photo prints. And I’d like to take this one step further: wouldn’t it be awesome if someone developed a website for people to order fabric or even garments printed with their own photos? If this already exists, please let me know!
- Jewelry design will be lighthearted and nostalgic. We will wear lacy, airy pendants, brooches, and bracelets; barely there fine metal chains; and simple pieces in single colors and geometric shapes.
- First came Ravelry, then came Craftsy. In 2013, someone will create a website where crafters can actually teach each other in real time.
- We will want more handmade goods. You’ve all heard of Etsy, but other sites like Fab, Dawanda, Folksy, and icraft.ca will gain in popularity this year.
- Food trucks will team up to create food trains.
- We will wear socks so bright and playful that it’ll become standard to wear them knee-high with sandals just to show them off.
I’m gonna love 2013!
The Fatimals Help Squirrel Picnic Ring In the New Year
Fatimals are, you guessed it, fat animals. These jolly guys know how to have a good time. They eat what they want, they party when they want, and they won’t let little things like new year’s resolutions keep them from enjoying themselves. In short, they were the perfect choice to host the Squirrel Picnic NYE party this year.
Enjoy this little recap of the events, and have a very happy new year.
You’re Invited to the Fatimals New Year’s Eve Party!
Join us on Facebook this Monday evening to countdown to 2013 with Hodge’s and Podge’s dear friends the fatimals. They’ll be posting photos of the events from 8:00 p.m. to midnight, so you can be in on all the action. I’ll be sure to post a recap here on New Year’s Day as well. These are some serious party fatimals, so you know it’s sure to be a good time!
You must be logged in to post a comment.