- Pantone chose emerald green, but my color of the year is lemon zest, a light yet vibrant and fresh color to accent all the carefree moments and exciting surprises I feel this year has in store.
- In 2013, we will wear photo prints. And I’d like to take this one step further: wouldn’t it be awesome if someone developed a website for people to order fabric or even garments printed with their own photos? If this already exists, please let me know!
- Jewelry design will be lighthearted and nostalgic. We will wear lacy, airy pendants, brooches, and bracelets; barely there fine metal chains; and simple pieces in single colors and geometric shapes.
- First came Ravelry, then came Craftsy. In 2013, someone will create a website where crafters can actually teach each other in real time.
- We will want more handmade goods. You’ve all heard of Etsy, but other sites like Fab, Dawanda, Folksy, and icraft.ca will gain in popularity this year.
- Food trucks will team up to create food trains.
- We will wear socks so bright and playful that it’ll become standard to wear them knee-high with sandals just to show them off.
I’m gonna love 2013!