Squirrel Picnic has only been around for a few months, but in that time I’ve met some really talented and generous people out there in blogoland. Two of these amazing people, Mamasonshine and Bepcity, were kind enough to nominate me for the Liebster Award (an award given to up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers). And since this award is all about getting to know your fellow bloggers, I happily accept and offer these details about me.
Here are the rules:
Share 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the awarder’s 11 questions.
Ask 11 questions of your own.
Nominate 11 bloggers.
The Lowdown on Me
- I get up every day at 3:00 in the morning to do yoga and write short stories.
- I have learned a lot of interesting things about human behavior from riding the bus to work every day… and I’ve met a lot of great people too.
- I once owned a hedgehog named Gary, but she really sucked at cuddling so I had to give her to a friend who raised exotic animals. Even though I know it wasn’t her fault and we parted amicably, I still feel bad about having to give her away.
- I have visited all of the contiguous United States and lived in eight of them.
- Next to Colorado, my favorite place to have lived is Altus, Oklahoma.
- I got a tattoo of a moon and star on my right foot when I was fifteen and travelling in Budapest with the People to People Student Ambassador Program.
- For my next big milestone birthday, I want to have a scavenger hunt.
- Unlike Bepcity, I have seen the 100th episode of Gilmore Girls and the other 152 episodes a dozen times, but I understand why she’d want to hold out on seeing it. I still sometimes wonder what Rory and Lorelai would be doing right now if they were still on the air.
- In high school I had an imaginary giraffe named Denis Diderot who lived in my closet (Apartment B) so that I could get free CDs from Columbia House.
- When I was in college, I dropped 300 super bouncy balls off the highest building into the courtyard at lunchtime. Best $30 I ever gave to the Oriental Trading Company.
- My dream is to own a Laundromat/bar/vintage clothing store called the Vicious Cycle.
- What is your favorite/go-to item in your wardrobe? a pair of red heals
- If you could be on any reality show, which one would it be? Amazing Race
- Have you ever had braces? yes, what a nightmare
- What was the first CD/cassette you ever purchased? Tiffany
- What drink do you order at a restaurant? gin and tonic
- What kind of camera do you use? Canon PowerShot SX130 IS
- If you could change your name to anything what would you choose? Lil Jams
- Do you now or did you ever play on any sports teams? yes
- If you formed a band what would your name be and what kind of music would you play?
I don’t really have much musical ability. I would be the chick who was permitted to hang out at jam sessions because she designed the t-shirts.
- Who was your first celebrity crush? Scott Bakula
- Do you subscribe to any magazines? Tin House and McSweeney’s
- What animal would you love to own? squirrel of course
- What is your favorite thing to do with your best friend? crafts
- What genre of book or movie can you not pass up? Not sure if I can pick a genre, can I just name an author and a director? I read everything by T.C. Boyle and I watch everything Wes Anderson directs.
- What is your go to dinner recipe or place? This is sad… we don’t usually have time for dinner: eating out or eating in. My go-to dinner is salad.
- What is the thing you most desire now? Well after that question, I want a live-in chef.
- What is your favorite past vacation? Huahine. Near Bora Bora, but less touristy and more of a cultural experience.
- What is your secret indulgence? modcloth.com
- Do you speak a foreign language and what one would you like to learn? Some French
- How organized are you? I try
- Did, or will, the number of siblings you have determine the number of children you will or will not have? no
- What is your dream for retirement (other than financial stability and good health)? To retire.
- Which cartoon character do you most relate to?
- The last time you went on a picnic, where did you go and who were you with?
- In your experience, what foods should never be consumed in a sandwich?
- Out of all the places you’ve traveled, which destination has the most interesting people watching?
- What is the most adorable animal on earth?
- What craft or skill would you like to learn this year?
- What kind of camera do you use?
- What do you usually do to unwind at the end of the day or after a stressful experience?
- Finish this sentence: My life is not complete without…
- What music are you listening to lately?
- What would make today really great?